Subject: Re: Newbie Questions
To: None <jpgrimes@midway.uchicago.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/27/1998 09:38:44
On Sun, 26 Apr 1998 18:14:50 -0500 (CDT),
john peter grimes <jpgrimes@midway.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> 	As to 3-button mice is the Apple extended mouse protocol still the
> only one supported?  The online stuff I have found was a bit dated.  Most
> specically anyone know anything about mice by a company Info Products
> (will they work)

I have no experience with any product of the said company, but as Dan
McMahill replied, it's not among the supported devices.  MouseSystems
A3 Mouse, MicroSpeed Deluxe Mouse, and Alps GlidePoint are the ones
supported besides Logitech.

> 	Next what is the status of color X?  Is it correct that I will not
> be able to run color on my internal video (which could be a problem).  I
> have a Centris 650 - with three monitors, an SVGA 16" off the internal,
> and two old 13" off old Apple NuBus video cards (one is 24 bit which is
> also worrisome).

If you can boot Paul Goyette's SLOTMAN kernel with your configuration,
you should be able to run color X on the NuBus videos.  As for
internal color, you can do color only in 16-bit mode (thousands
color).  Check out ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/X for the two X
server replacements.

Ken