Subject: Re: Nubus-only video on a IIci - not possible?
To: Nathan Raymond <nate@staff.feldberg.brandeis.edu>
From: E. Seth Miller <esmiller@engin.umich.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/24/1998 15:29:24
Nathan-
	I have been running a IIci for about 10 months, using the 4/8 card
instead of the internal video.  I find that, as long as I have a monitor
hooked up to the 4/8 at boot, the machine runs fine (displays properly,
&c.).  However, if I subsequently attach a monitor to the internal port, I
get no display, of course, because the internal video found no monitor and
was not enabled.  It sounds like your internal port is functioning as it
should; the problem deals with your 8/24.  I presume all is well to boot
into MacOS, and that it simply never goes to the white screen of the
console?
	I'm not all that experienced, so I can't tell you what isn't
working.  All I can say is that it SHOULD work, AFAIK...  It's not an
8/24GC, is it?  Best of luck.

	-Seth Miller