Subject: Re: About The Quadra Patch.
To: Mario Magliocco <Mario_Magliocco@broder.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/20/1998 15:59:34
On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Mario Magliocco wrote:
>      is a very annoying to have to work with.  But my problem now is how
>      can I make use of the new fix?  I have never successfully compiled a
>      kernel, and I can't possibly tie up my machine in a project like that
>      since a lot of people depend on that machine being up.  So I was

If you don't have the kernel source around already, I could see it being
a bit of a pain to download it, but compiling a kernel shouldn't really
tie up your machine... it definitely doesn't require your machine to be
down. (I assume you mean that other people depend on it being up and
running NetBSD, not MacOS?)

>      wondering if there was a place that I could download a patched
>      compiled kernel that would work with 1.3.   Or maybe I should upgrade
>      to 1.3.1 while I am at it?  Is 1.3.1 worth the effort?

I could probably compile a 1.3 kernel with the patch and put it on a ftp
site or something... I don't know about upgrading to 1.3.1...
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++