Subject: Re: Son of Quadra Video Patch
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/20/1998 15:13:15
On Mon, Apr 20, 1998 at 12:12:20AM -0400, Michael R Zucca wrote:
> Ok, no attempts at speeding up video this time! Just honest to goodness
> bug fixing!
>
> You only need this patch, no others. It simply patches grf_iv.c to
> compute the frame buffer base address from hardware. If this doesn't
> work I don't know what will!
>
> Please let me know if this fixes the X "wraparound".

This patch seems to work well on my Q610 with 1MB of video RAM. I haven't
noticed any problems with X neither before nor after applying this patch.
(Test performed on NetBSD-current of yesterday)

video related dmesg entries:

intvid0 at obio0: DAFB: Monitor sense 1.
intvid0: 832 x 624, 65536 color
grf0 at intvid0
ite at grf0 not configured

- Erik