Subject: Re: error messages to screen under X
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Dunn <gregdunn@indy.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/1998 23:22:13
>On Mon, 20 Apr 1998 00:33:35 -0400,
>Maurice Hason <macpro@shani.com> wrote:
>> I had the same problem and tryed to solve it buy redirecting them to
>> /dev/console but unfortunatelly I still cant get it to work. I get the
>> messages both on the xconsole and on the bottom of the screen, messing up
>> the other windows. Are there any other solutions?
>
>I think you're probably logged in as root.  Don't do that, and you
>won't get the syslog message directed to root's tty.

That's the case here too; of course, I'm in as root so I can install all
the software I'm ftp'ing over from the other machine... ;-)  For now, I'll
just live with the cosmetic problems, because it looks like I'll have to
build a new kernel and re-install in the near future anyway for other
reasons.  Maybe I can set the options flag then and see what happens.

--
| Greg Dunn                       |  I don't like to smile unless    |
| gregdunn@indy.net               |  I have a reason.                |