Subject: [ANN] New NetBSD-1.3.1/mac68k hacker CD offer
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/1998 20:43:49
The offer:
==========
I just finished putting together a new CD that contains all of NetBSD-1.3
and NetBSD-1.3.1 for the mac68k port.  The packages snapshot was taken
yesterday, April 18th.  Like the last CD this one contains the old Amiga
binaries and all the FAQs and HowTos and user contributed stuff I could
find.  It's 648 Meg of all Mac stuff and enough to keep the NetBSD/mac68k
user off the streets and busy for a weekend or two.  Unlike the last CD
offer, this one does not contain any port-i386 stuff - there was just to
much Mac stuff this time around!

The Basic deal:
===============
Just like last time I'd be happy to make copies for anyone who wants one.
 And like last time, I don't charge anything, just ask that users provide
their own blank CD and stamped return envelope.  Based on experience from
the NetBSD-1.3 CD offer the total cost is about $7 US ($2.50 for the CD,
$1 for mailer and about $3.50 for Air Mail postage anywhere in the
world).  I don't charge for my time or my trip to the post office.

The Special deal:
=================
For those who would prefer to have me do the shopping I'll provide the
whole thing for $10 (US/Canada, or the equivalent in your local currency)
to anyplace in the world via Air Mail.  I'm not set up to handle CODs or
Credit Cards, so all I can deal with is cash or checks (Cashier's or
personal), which I will accept. (NetBSD/mac68k people are pretty
trustworthy, and I don't think you'll find anyone who participated in my
last offer who felt cheated by me).

Some of the legal stuff:
========================
For those who provide a mailing address in the US or Canada the CD will
contain everything, including the non-exportable files and directories.
All other mailing addresses get the exportable version which does not
include the export restricted stuff.

How to, where to, etc:
======================
Send a blank CD and self-addressed return mailer with sufficent return
postage which may be your local/foreign stamps.  Like last time, I'll
exchange them here for the return trip.
  *OR*
Send cash, cashier's check or personal check for the equivalent of $10
(US or Canada) with a return mailing address to:
    Bob Nestor
    802 Summer Place
    Murphy, Texas  75094-3236

Be sure to include a note with your E-Mail address so I can notify you
when your CD or check arrives and when I've posted your CD in the return
snail mail. So far I've always managed to get the CDs out in the next
day's mail, but that depends on how many I have to do each evening.

Finally, my sincere apologies if this offends anyone or if this sounds
like a get-rich-quick scheme.
-bob