Subject: Re: status of sounds (easc in particular)
To: Chas Williams <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/1998 14:29:02
Chas Williams wrote:

> so what is the status of the asc driver in netbsd.  the faq is sort of
> unclear (...in progress...)  any info on easc?
>
> the clicking from my quadra 800 is driving me nuts.

I think I have enough information to get it to at least beep (my Q700 can
beep, I'm pretty sure that the Q800's EASC is the same hardware type).

As soon as I can finish with making the ADB driver into a real bus (almost
done, now), I'll submit a patch that should at least work on the type "B"
EASC hardware, and hopefully the type "E" as well (although I won't be
able to personally test the latter).

After that I plan to dig into getting /dev/audio to work on ASC and EASC
hardware (someone else will probably have to work on the AV's since I
believe they use the DSP for sound).

Later.