Subject: Re: Test this Quadra Patch
To: Chas Williams <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: David Johnston <david@canopus.apana.org.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/1998 23:35:57
[ extract of message from Chas Williams on "Re: Test this Quadra Patch" ]
> In message <19980419195311.45688@antares.apana.org.au>,David Johnston writes:
> >The fast block copying doesn't work at all. The screen stops updating
> >properly after the code which enables this is executed - though the machine
> >otherwise still works fine. When this happens pixels stop changing from
> >copying to vram then the video works again.
>
> i experienced the same behavior on my quadra 800.  the 'fast block' enable
> doesnt seem to work.  i applied to patch to a 1.3.1 stock kernel and was
> running in 1024x768 b/w mode.  the only vram in the machine is what came
> on the motherboard.

Hmm. My machine is also running a 1.3.1 kernal (I should have said). It
could be a 1.3.1 issue, I guess.

I had a look the the files grf_iv.c and grf.c in NetBSD-current. There
didn't seem to be changes of any significance from 1.3.1.

	david

--

David Johnston
david@canopus.apana.org.au