Subject: FPUless libm
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/1998 01:35:25
	Someone awhile back asked me to compile libm for them using the
patch in the FAQ for use with a FPUless machine. Well, I did it... and
tested it out on my PB540c. I didn't notice any real improvement, though I
guess it would only help with programs that use the libm shared library,
or ones that I recompile with the different libm static library.

	I can upload the file somewhere if someone wants it. It may work
better for someone else, I don't know. Btw, can someone explain just what
not adding the code in libm/arch/mc68881 will do to make programs run
better on a FPUless machine. I guess I'm thinking you would need MORE code
to take care of the lack of an FPU... or does this have nothing to do with
the price of eggs in China?

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!