Subject: Re: just outta curiousity...
To: None <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/18/1998 02:23:10
On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 13:15:41 -0500,
"Michael G. Schabert" <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com> wrote:
> Hi there NetBSD/Mac gurus,
> I have an opportunity to get a Mac SE/30 fairly cheap, & I had a question
> that I'd like to bounce off any current owners. Has anyone ever tried
> installing RAM of greater density than the 4 MB SIMMs that Apple
> recommends? Will the machine recognise them, & can it address more than the
> 36 MBs Apple publishes as the Max?

Uh?  I'm pretty sure SE/30 can hold up to 128MB RAM (8 16MB 30-pin
SIMMs).  Besides, even if it couldn't take 16MB 30-pin SIMMs, the
maximum would be 32MB (8 4MB 30-pin SIMMs) since SE/30's logic board
has no DRAM chip soldered.

And of course, you CANNOT put DIMMs or 72-pin SIMMs into your SE/30.
It can take only 30-pin SIMMs.

Ken