Subject: just outta curiousity...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/17/1998 13:15:41
Hi there NetBSD/Mac gurus,
I have an opportunity to get a Mac SE/30 fairly cheap, & I had a question
that I'd like to bounce off any current owners. Has anyone ever tried
installing RAM of greater density than the 4 MB SIMMs that Apple
recommends? Will the machine recognise them, & can it address more than the
36 MBs Apple publishes as the Max? I ask this partially because I remember
when the first PPC 604e-based Macs came out, Apple only advertised them as
maxing out at 768 MB (64 MB DIMMs) but they were able to go over a gig with
128 MB DIMMs, as noted by the Mac mags. I was wondering if Apple used this
tactic (only advertising widely-available mem options) on any earlier
models.

Thanks for any insight,
Mike

Bikers don't *DO* taglines.