Subject: Re: KDE and QT?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Justin R. Smith <jsmith@mcs.drexel.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/17/1998 12:06:41
>I use KDE on my Linux box, I am wondering if there is support for kde
>with NetBSDMac, I saw the
>ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.3/mac68k/kde/* archives but I
>did not see any of the QT stuff?  Any one have KDE running?

I'm in the process of building it from scratch.  You need SEVERAL libraries
including Qt (from a site in Norway), libg++ (which doesn't seem to come
with the NetBSD distribution, so you have to get it from Gnu) and the
kdesupport library.  The whole build takes many hours on my Performa 475
(with a 68040) and more than 50 meg of disk space.  There is one library in
kdesupport (mimelib, I think) that doesn't configure properly from the
automatic configure script. You have to add a "#define __FreeBSD__" in one
of the source modules to make it compile.

Building kdefm (the file manager) requires more than 16 meg of RAM so I had
to up the RAM limit to 64 meg for it to compile.