Subject: Re: VM-config
To: henning loeser <loeser@ma1304.physik.uni-marburg.de>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/16/1998 14:34:23
On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, henning loeser wrote:
> So I increased the MAXDSIZ to (256*1024*1024) in vmparam.h and cranked
> out a new Kernel but that didn't help. Am I understanding the
> errormessage wrong, or is the system really only using part of its
> virtual memory (well of the swap-space available) or do I have to change
> something else for it to work.

MAXDSIZ is the maximum data size limit, but the default limit is
lower... if you're using csh or tcsh, use "limit" to display the current
resource limits, and "unlimit" to raise everything to the maximum. If
you're using sh, I think it's "ulimit -a" to display limits, and "ulimit
-d a_number" to set the datasize limit to a_number.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++