Subject: Re: [OpenBSD-Mac68k] hfs vfs lkm? (HFS utils)
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Gene Skonicki <gene@cif.rochester.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/16/1998 03:51:52
Paul Goyette writes:
>Bill Studenmund & I actually had Peter Dinda's macfs integrated with the
>NetBSD kernel at one time.  When we ran into some unresolvable (by us,
>due to our inexperience) locking problems, we dropped the project.
Hmm... Paul, I'd really like to see that code if you have it.  I think it's
time to pull down a NetBSD tree.

>BTW, at the time, Mr. Dinda had some licensing terms (restricting the
>use of the software to non-military purposes) which were as unacceptable
>to the NetBSD core team as are the GPL's terms.

Yes, he still does.  It is a real shame, too.  I am talking ot him about his
license and trying ot convince him of the widom of the full bsd license.
Otherwise, I have also considered authoring such a thing from scratch or
using hfs-0.0 as a basis maybe?

Gene