Subject: Re: It compiles... It runs!
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/1998 03:06:41
On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> At 8:50 AM -0700 4/14/98, Dave Huang wrote:
> >BTW, how did you raise the VM to 100MB? By default, the max datasize
> >limit is 64MB... I think you have to recompile your kernel with a larger
> >MAXDSIZ to go over that.
>
> Where is this documented?  I don't see it in man 4 options.

As far as I can tell, only in the source :) Like in
/usr/include/machine/vmparam.h

BTW, I had the same problem with gdb running out of memory when I tried
to debug mozilla w/debugging symbols... trying again with a kernel with
the max datasize bumped up to 128MB didn't give any out of memory
errors, but my machine thrashed itself to death and I had to reboot it
:( I guess 36MB of physical RAM isn't enough for something like that :)
I ended up using gdbserver on the Mac and gdb compiled as a
cross-debugger on my pentium (64MB RAM... it didn't seem to have any
problems)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++