Subject: RE: 2 page display
To: None <Chris.Kerios-1@pp.ksc.nasa.gov>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@echna.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/1998 00:49:49
On Tue, 14 Apr 1998 08:54:37 -0400,
Kerios-1 Chris <Chris.Kerios-1@pp.ksc.nasa.gov> wrote:
> I'm glad you brought this one up.  I was just about to post something on
> this.  I recently acquired a nice 21 inch Radius monochrome monitor.
> Resolution 1152x870, this apparently is the only resolution supported since
> its monochrome.  It also is listed as a two page display model 21TPD.  I am
> running on a Quadra 650 with the builtin video.  Basically, the system works
> fine through the console and everything, but when I go to do X everything
> falls apart.  Has anyone seen this or have a solution for this?  It sure
> would be nice to use this monitor.  Can anyone shed some light on this?????

I am running X (the OSFA color server) at 1152x870 right now on my
Q840av.  I haven't seen any problem but I'm not really surprised since
NetBSD/mac68k has always been a bit flakey about mapping internal
video of one model or another.

Exactly how does everything fall apart under X?  Which server are you
using, and which NetBSD distribution (1.3? 1.3.1? or a snapshot?) are
you running?

Ken