Subject: Re: Printing Questions
To: Mario Magliocco <Mario_Magliocco@broder.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1998 15:26:08
At 9:31 AM -0700 4/14/98, Mario Magliocco wrote:
>     I am successfully printing to a 1200c over the network, but now I have
>     more questions.  How do I turn off the burst page that lpd makes?  I

In theory the :sh: parameter in /etc/printcap should disable the cover page.

In fact for an HP JetDirect interface you need to telnet to the printer and
enter

banner:0

to turn off the cover page.  A ? will give you a screen of helpful comments
and configuration information.  End with a "quit" not an "exit" unless you
don't want to change anything.