Subject: Re: Restart
To: Maurice Hason <macpro@shani.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1998 15:22:46
Maurice Hason wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any command to make NetBSD re-read the complete configurations (as
> in the boot process) without rebooting the computer and booting NetBSD
> again?

You can shutdown to single-user mode and come back up to multi-user (i.e.
'shutdown' to go single-user and then 'exit' from the shell prompt), and
that will reread /etc/rc and company, but there is no way to go back
through autoconfiguration (where it recognizes devices).  I assume you
only want the former and not the latter, tho.

I hope this helps.

Later.