Subject: Re: 2 page display
To: Kerios-1 Chris <Chris.Kerios-1@pp.ksc.nasa.gov>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1998 11:21:58
Kerios-1 Chris wrote:
> I'm glad you brought this one up.  I was just about to post something on
> this.  I recently acquired a nice 21 inch Radius monochrome monitor.
> Resolution 1152x870, this apparently is the only resolution supported since
> its monochrome.  It also is listed as a two page display model 21TPD.  I am
> running on a Quadra 650 with the builtin video.  Basically, the system works
> fine through the console and everything, but when I go to do X everything
> falls apart.  Has anyone seen this or have a solution for this?  It sure
> would be nice to use this monitor.  Can anyone shed some light on this?????

How exactly does "everything fall apart"?  Slightly more specific error
messages than "it doesn't work" are usually helpful ;-)

My guess would be that a -current kernel might work better for you since
there are known problems with some resolutions for some monitors, although
I've never heard of this problem with a monochrome monitor....

Later.