Subject: It compiles... It runs!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Johnston <david@canopus.apana.org.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1998 22:37:01
After several days of bashing my head against my computer I've got Mozilla
working on my LC475 running 1.3.1 ... mostly.

I've compiled the mozilla sources released on the 8th of this month with the
NetBSD patches contained in the new mozilla package and it's compiled against
lesstif-current (as of a few days ago). It spews lots of error messages to
the window it's run from, several error pop-ups appear at random times and
theres a blank gap between the tool-bar and the main window but it runs and
even loads pages!

It's not exactly a speed deamon - starting it up and bringing up windows take
quite a while but it's reasonably snappy loading pages and images.

It takes a _long_ time to compile it all - about 6 hours or so. Definitely
something you kick off before going to bed.

A few oddities - I can only get the symbolically linked version to work. The
statically linked one seg faults before raising any windows, and I can't run
gdb on the resulting core-file - gdb always bails out complaining that I've
run out of virtual memory (even if I raise the virtual memory to 100MB).

	david

--

David Johnston
david@canopus.apana.org.au