Subject: Re: Installer proposal...
To: David A. Gatwood <marsmail@globegate.utm.edu>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1998 21:57:28
David A. Gatwood <marsmail@globegate.utm.edu> wrote:

>I was scratching my head tonight, trying to come up with a general design
>for the installer, i.e. what capabilities it should have, how it should be
>organized, etc. and came up with this.  It borrows some ideas from RedHat

[.......]

Why not start with the sysinstall that NetBSD is using with some of the
other ports like i386?  It does a pretty good job already for the ports
it runs on.  It's just my opinion, but I'd rather have the NetBSD/mac68k
port looking more like the rest of NetBSD rather than looking like Linux.

-bob