Subject: Re: NetBSD on Powerbook 190?
To: None <sb@is-europe.net>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@echna.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/07/1998 23:52:20
On Wed, 8 Apr 98 13:39:04 +0100,
"sb@is-europe.net" <sb@is-europe.net> wrote:
> Thank you very much, now I know there's no chanche now to run this OS.

Although it is true that IDE is unsupport for now, I'm not so sure
that it is also the case for the PB190 internal video.  You might want
to try just to see how it goes by booting a kernel on MacOS
filesystem.  Booter can load a kernel file from either NetBSD or MacOS
filesystem.  To do so, you just have to untar the kernel set on your
MacOS (make sure you do it in *BINARY* mode!), check the radiobox
"MacOS" in the Booter's Booting option dialog box, and boot.  It will
panic because there's no NetBSD root filesystem, but you should be
able at least to see if the kernel can do console on the internal
video.

When you are sure that the internal video is supported, you can get a
SCSI disk drive and install NetBSD onto it until IDE is supported
(well, that is, of course, if you want to).

Ken