Subject: Re: LC is not booting on netbsd
To: None <kazu@zao.or.jp>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/06/1998 14:57:04
> Hello!
> I got SONNET ALLEGRO for my LC and plug in.
> But there is BIG problem. NetBSD does not running.
> I tried all kernels I can get.
[snip]
> He success booting with MacOS7.6.
> But my LC can not run MacOS7.6.

Ok, you've got two problems:

1. NetBSD is not guaranteed to run on the original LC.
   Though, I would imagine that it *should* run if the upgrade gives you
   a full 030 since the LC and LCII use basically the same hardware.

2. I don't think system 7.0 is sufficient to run the booter. I think
   I remember something about needing at least system 7.1 to boot NetBSD
   but I could be wrong (I think some folks are using system 6.8)

Give system 7.1 a try. If that doesn't work then there's another problem
I'm not seeing or NetBSD simply won't work on an LC.

Good luck!