Subject: LC is not booting on netbsd
To: port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: kazunori miura <kazu@zao.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/06/1998 16:35:24
Hello!
I got SONNET ALLEGRO for my LC and plug in.
But there is BIG problem. NetBSD does not running.
I tried all kernels I can get.

error log says
Set _mac68k_vrsrc_cnt to 0.

Set _mac68k_vrsrc_vec to {0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 }.
freez at this point.

I can find same problem in this ML.

Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 14:11:48 -0600 (CST)
From: Mark Murdock <fee@tetrahome.tetranet.net>
Subject: LC II Strikes Again

A couple days ago I mistakenly posted a message about having resolved the
issue with booting 1.3Beta on my LC II.  There are still some items that
have me pretty confused, so listen to this and tell me what you think.

Recall: LC II, 6 M of ram, standard setup.  Running system 7.0.1.

Here are the different ways we tried this and here are the results..

system 7.0      no Mode32       Wont boot kernel
system 7.0      Mode32          Wont boot kernel
system 7.0.1    no Mode32       Wont boot kernel
system 7.0.1    Mode32          Wont boot kernel
system 7.6      no Mode32       Kernel boots fine

When I say "wont boot kernel", I mean it doesnt get out of the booter period.

Why does it work fine with system 7.6?  I don't have the space for system
7.6, so I really need to be running 7.0.1, but I can't get NetBSD to boot
from it for the life of me.

Is the LC II not 32-bit clean?  I do not need Mode32 do I?  The Memory
control panel has the option for 32-bit mode even when I have not
installed Mode32, so I figured that was something of a sign.

I'm drawing a blank.  It is acting as if the system software is not
really putting it in 32 (as opposed to 24?) bit mode, whereas system 7.6
was doing the trick.  Let me add another bit of information .. the system
7.0.1 install was done as "System Software for the LC II" (or was it
simply LC).  Would this have ANY impact??

He success booting with MacOS7.6.
But my LC can not run MacOS7.6.

Please help !!!!!!!!!!!!

kazunori miura