Subject: Re: Question on Xemacs...
To: None <kenn@echna.or.jp>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@echna.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/03/1998 08:35:14
On Fri, 03 Apr 1998 08:20:32 +0900,
Ken Nakata <kenn@echna.or.jp> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Apr 1998 16:15:11 -0500 (EST),
> Chris Jewell <jewell@jewellce.es.dupont.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone know if there is a version of xemacs out there for MacBSD.  I
> > was unable to locate one on the emacs website.  Any help would be great.
>
> XEmacs 20.3 compiled right out of the box for me.  But it's too heavy
> to use confortably even on a 40MHz 68040.

Doh!  Sorry, I was forgetting that I used package to build and install
XEmacs.

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998 13:22:20 -0800,
Mario_Magliocco@broder.com (Mario Magliocco) wrote:
> There is a 1.3 install package for Xemacs on ftp.NetBSD.org.  But I
> found that the package installer fails to inform the user that
> Xemacs needs the ncurses package.

However, I didn't have ncurses package (I still don't) but XEmacs
compiled nethertheless.  It never complained about anything of the
sort.

> It successfully informed me of all the other packages that I would
> need, I forget what they are though.

LIB_DEPENDS=	Xaw3d.6.:${PORTSDIR}/x11/Xaw3d \
		Xpm.4.:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/xpm \
		jpeg.7.:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/jpeg \
		png.0.:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/png

Ken