Subject: Re: NetBSD Won't Boot
To: David A. Gatwood <>
From: Colin Wood <>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/20/1998 22:51:48
David A. Gatwood wrote:

Thanks for cleaning this up, David!

> On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Charles M Sklar wrote:
> >  Can anyone shed some light for this NetBSD newbie on why my Mac IIx
> >  with only extended keyboard and mouse attached to the ADB port won't
> >  boot? Wrong ADB interrupts for this machine maybe? There must be a
> >  patch somewhere, huh? Or did I just omit installing something? What
> >  follows is the last part of what's on my monitor before I have to
> >  reset the Mac.

Known problem.  First, try a NetBSD 1.3.1 kernel.  If that doesn't fix it,
please let me know.  Then, either use a standard keyboard, or else get a
HWDIRECT version of the kernel.  There should be one available here:

I believe (assuming the machine is up).

Hopefully, the first one will work.

Colin Wood