Subject: Re: IDE Support & How to find the base address ?
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1998 03:04:26
On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Colin Wood wrote:

> > Is there any IDE support planned ?
>
> No one has tried yet, probably b/c most of the people who have done
> development don't own machines with and IDE drive.

	A little off-topic question, but just how many Mac systems come
with IDE drives?

> > If not, if one find the "base
> > address", will it be ? But how could we find this info ?
>
> Chances are that it is either in a low memory global or in the driver.
> You might also look at the developer notes for your particular machine.

	Where would be a good place to find this info? I'd also be
interested in taking a crack at it...

> > [There, I thought .ATDrvr would be ATA Driver ?]
>
> Maybe.

	Hmmm... I'll take a look myself next time my Q630 is in MacOS.

> what's going on (assuming that you understand m68k assembly, which really
> isn't all that difficult once you get used to it).  Presumably, the base

	I've been searching for awhile trying to find some good
information on m68k assembly, but I haven't been able to find much on it,
and nothing that has taught me anything useful. Does apple have some info
anywhere? Or Motorola even?

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!