Subject: Re: POP E-Mailer
To: Chris <smirks@mail.eclipse.net>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/27/1998 21:18:56
Hi Chris,

It is not really a POP E-mail client like eudora, but I have a clean
wotking solution.  I use a program called "fetchmail" combined with pine.
Basicaly, fetchmail does just that, it fetchs your e-mail off of a POP
server and puts it into your mail file on your NetBSD box.  Then, you can
use whatever e-mail program you like to read it. Personally, I use pine.

For your convenience, I have a pre-compiled binary of Fetchmail v.
3.9.4 at:

   http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/archive.html

Enjoy,

Mark

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Chris wrote:

> Anyone know of a good POP e-mail client for X?  Most of the machines I
> get my mail from I can telnet in, but there is one that I need to use a
> popper for.  Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Chris

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/