Subject: Re: Sources for gcc and serial console
To: Alberto - Spain <xperm@alufis34.ffisic.uv.es>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/27/1998 00:28:11
Alberto - Spain wrote:
> Where can I download the sources for  gcc 2.7.2.2?

Is there any reason why you want the sources rather than the pre-compiled
binary?  I think that the version of gcc which comes with NetBSD is
version 2.7.2.2 (but I'm not positive about that).  You can get the source
off of ftp.netbsd.org, I think.  If you want the pure, unadulterated
source, try prep.ai.mit.edu or ftp.gnu.org.

> I'm using a serial console with my mac. when I launch netbsd in single user
> mode everything works fine. But when I launch multiuser, the next message is
> displayed:
>
> DATE: INIT: Kernel security level changed from 0 to 1.
> DATE: getty(185): /dev/ttye0: device not configured
>
> and then everything dies. What can I do?

You need to edit /etc/ttys and change the line describing /dev/ttye0 to
"off" and turn the line which you're running serial console on (tty00 for
the modem and tty01 for the printer port) "on".

I hope this helps.