Subject: Ken's color server and more
To: MacBSD Newsletter <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: CTAPYXA <ctapyxa@UCSD.Edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1998 02:25:07
I tried to run Ken's server on my Q650/internal video and failed. The
schpiel goes: I use Das Boot, in the prefs I notified it that I don't want
to switch into 1-bit mode. My video is set for 16-bit color. So that
supposed to be the value passed on to the kernel and eventually color
server. BTW, is everybody running 1-bit gets reverse video (I mean white
background and black foreground)? That's what I get, anyway. When I boot in
non-1-bit mode I have black background and white text. Is this normal? And
then, startx reports Connection broken or explicit server shutdown. dt is
invisible, also. Can I do anything about it? I also have a TFB video card,
which caused me much grief. It's out of the computer now. Is it worth the
while to put it back in it, i.e. is this card  _theoretically_ supported?

Thanks to all.

Yuri Oskotsky