Subject: Re: mouse speed
To: Dan Winkler <heydan@tiac.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/25/1998 09:16:37
Dan Winkler wrote:
> Anyone know how to adjust the mouse tracking speed under NetBSD?  It seems
> very slow, probably linear, by default.

Currently, there isn't any way to adjust it.  The standard Apple mice
initialize to 100 dpi resolution.  If you could send ADB commands to them,
you could adjust their handler id's to 2 instead of 1 and that would up
the speed.  I'm working on adding this functionality in my rewrite of the
ADB code as a "bus" instead of the device that it currently is.  I suppose
the other choice might be to try using 'xset m' but I don't think that we
have the necessary code in our X server for that to do anything useful.
Perhaps when I'm done with my first project.

Later.