Subject: Re: Serial Chips in different models
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/24/1998 19:55:11
On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> Chip models I expect to see (you'll have to open the computer to be sure,
> don't bother if you're uncomfortable about this):
>
> Zilog 8530	This chip is about 1 cm on a side
> AMD   8530	Same as above
> Zilog 8580	This chip is more like 1.5 to 2 cm on a side, and is also
> 		the SCSI interface
>
> The serial chip will be near the serial ports.

One thing I wanted to add is that the 26LS30 chips (there are two right
next to the serial ports) are the serial drivers. They aren't the ones I'm
asking about.

I was wrong about the 85C80. It's more like an inch on a side.

Most of these chips are either from Zilog (start w/ a Z) or from AMD
(start w/ an AM it seems).

Take care, and thanks for the info!

Bill