Subject: Re: Color
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: henning loeser <loeser@ma1304.physik.uni-marburg.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/23/1998 18:33:59
I get the simular results to what Justin wrote on my Quadra 700 with 8
Bit Colordepth on the internal video. The palette seems to be off. But I
can run all the colors I want to, trying some random RGB values my
desktop looks quite ok by now.
> Can you get any more colors?  If you look at the README, Ken's server only
> supports grayscale in 8-bit mode on internal video.  What you are seeing
> is a result of having a rather random CLUT setup (or perhaps some strange
> interaction between TrueColor and an 8-bit CLUT).  You need 16-bit mode or
> better to use TrueColor with this new server.
Hmm I read on the README:
#2. Will it run on my internal video?
#
#Yes, it will.  It does even the color on your internal video, albeit
#in a somewhat restricted manner.  Because there is not yet any device
#driver support for changing video mode and color pallette on the
#internal video hardware, you will have to initialize those prior to
#booting NetBSD (i.e. using Monitors control panel etc. in MacOS).

ok and then the stuff about doing only StaticGrey in 8bpp followed by

#If the grf device has video ROM driver support provided by either
#SLOTMAN or video_lkm, the server can support GrayScale, StaticColor,
#and PseudoColor in 1, 4, and 8 bpp depths, in addition to StaticGray.

I haven't tried installing the video_lkm but it sound to me as if it
should correct the colorproblem und run allright ???

Henning Loeser            AG-Oberfl"achenphysik, Philipps-Uni-MR
Email:henning.loeser@physik.uni-marburg.de