Subject: Re: 68LC040?!
To: Colin Wood <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Lars Hagstrom <m95lah@student.tdb.uu.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/23/1998 18:31:57
>> >it (although I suppose it should be GENERIC#0...oh well).  FPE hasn't
>> >changed in months, so the 1.3 distribution kernel (i.e. kern.tgz) should
>> >be just fine.
>>
>> should i still install "libm-nomc68881.tar.gz" ?
>
>Yes, I would if I were you.  It should stop you from getting some errors
>due to some floating point math functions.  You might also consider
>compiling a more recent version of the library.  I think a patch for doing
>so is available in the FAQ.

I've tested my machine (lc630) with softwareFPU and speedometers fpu benchmark, and it seems to work, so I concluded that my LC040 is alright.
I have now tried to install NetBSD, and been through a lot of setting up. But i still suffer from a lot of core dumps due to segfaults. I've tried switching to the sbc kernel, just in case, but to no avail.
I installed the libm....., which reduced the number of faults. So, I thought, I'll try to compile my own, but thats easier said than done on a machine that segfaults as often as mine does.
Are the errors I experience due to the FPE or is it something else, can I expect them to get solved if i manage to compile the libm?

thanx
     Lars

    Snälla, skicka inga kedjemejl!
  http://www.student.tdb.uu.se/~m95lah