Subject: Re: Color X
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Justin R. Smith <jsmith@mcs.drexel.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/23/1998 12:12:25
>Rahman Amanullah wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Let me get this straight. Is it or isn't it possible to run color X with
>> internal video in 8bit mode? If it is, how do I do it?
>
>No, it is not.  If you'll read the README that Ken mentioned, 8-bit mode
>will only allow you to use StaticGray (i.e. grayscale), not color, if you
>are using internal video.
>
>> This might a stupid question, but I am really lost in the jungle of
>> NuBus-cards, 16-bit/1-bit and SLOTMAN-kernels.

It sure LOOKS like color -- albeit the WRONG color. It's better on my eyes
than pure gray. Does this mean, that when you OFFICIALLY support 8bit
color, it will show up as the right colors? (So it's the color MAPPING
facility that doesn't quite work?)

Time blows wildly against my door       | Justin R. Smith
Stirring discarded sorrows              | Department of Mathematics and
Like dead leaves of summers past        |     Computer Science
Memories of forgotten lore              | Drexel University
Making way for new tomorrows            | Philadelphia, PA 19104
New hopes, new fears,                   |
         and new ways that last         | Office: (215) 895-1847

c Justin R. Smith, March 14, 1994       | Fax:    (215) 895-1582

My home page: http://www.mcs.drexel.edu/~jsmith