Subject: Re: Color X
To: Rahman Amanullah <p96raa@princeps.matematik.su.se>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/23/1998 05:59:48
Yes - with Ken's new Xserver, you can run color on internal video.

If you are using internal video, or if you are using non-ROM enabled
nubus video, you MUST set up the booter to NOT change your video
settings, and you MUST use the MacOS Control Panel to set your video
mode BEFORE you boot NetBSD.

If you are using nubus-card video AND you are using either the SLOTMAN
kernel or the color LKM, the server will set the video mode to the
"best" available.

Go to the URL Ken gave in his message and download the Xserver AND the
README file.  Read the README, then read it again before you start.

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Rahman Amanullah wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Let me get this straight. Is it or isn't it possible to run color X with
> internal video in 8bit mode? If it is, how do I do it?
>
> This might a stupid question, but I am really lost in the jungle of
> NuBus-cards, 16-bit/1-bit and SLOTMAN-kernels.
>
> -Rahman

| Paul Goyette      | Public Key fingerprint:    | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |