Subject: Re: Partition -1 is non-existant, still
To: Dale Einarson <einarson@cafe.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/22/1998 17:18:12
Dale Einarson wrote:
> hi all,
> At 11:49 PM 21/02/98 -0800, you wrote:
> >Dale Einarson wrote:
> >> 	Ok I admit I just reformated my MacOS partition!
> >> when I boot I get the message:
> >>
> >> booting... Partition -1 is non-existant.
> >> could not open kernel " (0,?)netbsd".
>
> **A last minute add *** (I also installed the 7.6.1 upgrade if that might make a differance)
>
>  My apologies to follow...
>
> *Yes, all the files are there when I "ls"
> *Yes,  I can still install more files:
> *No, I can not get it to boot:   It doesn't matter what partition I tell it to use
> Note:  Silverlining tells me that "MacBSD" it is partition#3 ( referance Zacintosh is #2)

Well, about my only guess at the moment is that what you have listed in
the partition name box in the Options->Booting dialog is not the name of
the partition (it's conceivable that you have 1 or more non-printing
characters in the name that just aren't showing up).  If Mkfs isn't
capable of renaming the partition, a formatter should be.  Just make sure
that you know _exactly_ what the name is.  If this isn't it, I don't know
what is....

Later.