Subject: Re: Logitech trackball T-AA1-4MD working now! (almost)
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/20/1998 10:02:20
Colin Wood wrote:

> > P.S. Or, maybe, it can only work as a single button device? Then it defies
> > its purpose and I need to get a truly working 3 button mouse...
>
> Hmmm...I'll have to look at the code when I get home, but I thought that
> John had figured out a way around this one.
>
> John, aren't your non-emp mouseman patches in that kernel?

Yes, the changes are in the HWDIRECT.394 kernel and are in the
source tree.

However, there is one section of code that detects for the
non-emp mouseman and sets the service routine to something that
converts the non-emp data to emp data. If the non-emp trackman
has a different first 4 bytes in R2 than the non-emp mouse, then
it won't be detected properly. If he can send me the R2 output
from his non-emp trackman, I can make sure it is detected
properly.

	--John