Subject: Re: sn0 and rebooting troubles
To: Rob Joyce <robjoyce@Princeton.EDU>
From: Robert Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/20/1998 06:29:45
Rob Joyce <robjoyce@Princeton.EDU> wrote:

>	I have two questions/problems.  First, as I am on a very busy
>network, I occasionally get the "sn0: Receive descriptors exhausted"
>message on the console.  Remote windows and such begin to disappear, as I
>would expect if the connections time out.

I think some interrupt changes went into the Kernel right before the 1.3
freeze that are causing problems with the Sonic driver on some systems.
Prior to then I was able to transfer data for days on end without ever
seeing an error on Ethernet; since then I'be been getting both transmit
and receive errors by the truckload, usually recoverable but
time-consuming.  Ocasionally it gets so lost that I loose connections all
together.

-bob