Subject: Re: sn0 and rebooting troubles
To: Rob Joyce <robjoyce@Princeton.EDU>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/20/1998 02:39:15
On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Rob Joyce wrote:

> (The machine is a Quadra 610 with 20MB and the 1.3 release kernel.  The
> second problem has been happening since I started with 1.2.)

	I get the same problem with my Quadra 630. shutdown -h now gives
me the message telling me that I may safely shut off my computer and does
not actually power the machine down... but pressing a key reboots the
machine normally. If I ever make the machine fully headless (I just turn
the monitor off alot...) it would suck to not be able to fully shut it
down if I needed to (upcoming storm, etc...), and with a headless machine
it's hard to shut it down from MacOS (unless you have various apps to do
so, and then you must be on a network with it...)

	Not too big a problem for now, but it would be nice to see this
changed. ;-)

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!