Subject: Re: New version of SLOTMAN
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: John Valdes <valdes@macavity.uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/1998 00:30:39
Paul Goyette writes:

> I just uploaded new kernels this morning, that had the MRG_ADB stuff
> fixed, as well as repairing a very major bug!

I've just downloaded your new SLOTMAN_HWD kernel and booted it, and:

  NetBSD 1.3 (SLOTMAN_HWD) #3: Wed Feb 18 05:18:29 PST 1998
      paul@mac1.whooppee.com:/home/paul/src/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/SLOTMAN_HWD
          (current as of Tue Jan 6 07:37:52 1998)
  nubus0 at mainbus0 (slotmanager)
  macvid0 at nubus0 slot 9: RasterOps 24S
  macvid0: 640 x 480, monochrome
  grf0 at macvid0

Success!!!  The slotman kernel successfully initializes my RasterOps 24S,
fully boots to multiuser mode, and I'm an now running X in color!
Excellent work!

I can now finally delete my old NetBSD 1.2 installation from my hard
drive. :)

John