Subject: RE: NetBSD vs. OpenBSD
To: 'Colin Wood' <ctapyxa@UCSD.Edu>
From: Jim Kidd <jimk@is01.wvpa.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/18/1998 15:01:03
I have a performa 476(with 68040) and was having trouble booting NetBSD =
after installing the base NetBSD package.  I actually booted using a =
openbsd kernel. (can't remember which one right now)  I could not =
however open a shell and go any further.  So I agree that the librarys =
are probable different enough to keep either one from working with the =
other.

have a UNIX on me
jimk@wvpa.com

CTAPYXA wrote:
> I learned lately that OpenBSD also has a 68k implementation. Can =
anyone
> point out any differences that exist? Are they binary-compatible?

As for binary compatibility, my guess would be _no_, actually.  I think
that there are probably enough differences between some system libraries
that OpenBSD binaries might have trouble under NetBSD and vice versa.  I
could easily be wrong about this, tho, and someone please correct me if =
am.

I hope this helps some.

Later.

--=20