Subject: Re: Problems& questions
To: Jim Schmidt <jschmidt@tardis.svsu.edu>
From: Keith Douglas <godel@CAM.ORG>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/17/1998 15:02:18
On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Jim Schmidt wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Stefano D'Andrea wrote:
>
> > How can I set up  NetBSD to print with my DeskWriter 520?
>
> Or an Imagewriter II?  I haven't come across any info about this, and
> haven't tried plugging one in yet; still trying to hack out X windows.  Feel
> free to just beat me over the head with a URL if there's info online.

Some printers, including my DeskWriter C, can print text crudely just by
redirecting to the apporpriate port. (which is neat, because there's no
real character generator in it)

This does lead to problems with man pages, but usually works for most
stuff.  As for printing pretty pictures, well, beats me. :)

Keith