Subject: Re: Mounting Floppies
To: <>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <tschulze@compuserve.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/17/1998 14:08:11
On 2/17/98 18:39, Colin Wood at cwood@ichips.intel.com wrote:

>henning loeser wrote:
>> I tried to mount a MSDOS formated floppy in the internal drive but
>> failed completely with an error like /dev/fd0 no such device
>> Are floppies supported at all? Am I using the wrong device ?
>
>(i think that this is mentioned in the faq, btw)
>
>no, they are not supported.  someone (hauke fath?) was working on an lkm=

>which sort of supported reading from the older 800k floppy drives, but n=
>one had done any work (that i know of) to support the newer fdhd floppy
>drives.  the mac floppies aren't very netbsd friendly, anyway, since the=
>require polling in such a way that multi-tasking is pretty much put on
>hold (kinda like the way that everything freezes under macos when you
>insert a floppy).

I think it is kind of interesting (and perhaps telling) that even with =

Apple's support, as of DR2.1, MkLiniux doesn't have floopy support either=
=2E

                 T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
71410.25@compuserve.com            TSSchulze@aol.com
"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that
there is no distinctly native criminal class except
Congress." -- Mark Twain