Subject: Re: Logitech - working or not???
To: CTAPYXA <ctapyxa@UCSD.Edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/17/1998 09:48:21
CTAPYXA wrote:
> There are several mentions in the General Info document as to whether the
> Logitech pointing devices work or not. Certain models (?) are reported as
> working, others as non-working.

It's possible that even the non-working models are now supported, I don't
remember for sure which models John's latest set of changes added support
for.  Either way, when relative-positioning devices are listed as "not
working", that usually means that the extra buttons don't work, not that
the mouse hangs the system (the exception being kensington mice, they
really do seem to hang the machine).

> I have a trackball, which I like a lot, but
> whenever I try to boot MacBSD with it connected, the computer hangs. What
> can I try to do in order to make the trackball usable?

What model number is it?  What kind of Mac do you have?  What version of
"MacBSD" are you using?  What other ADB devices do you have attached?
Does MacBSD boot without the trackball attached?  Does the trackball have
any switches on the bottom?  If so, have you tried it in the other
position?

A little more info and maybe we can figure this one out.

Later.