Subject: PPP/Modem Woes
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Tarka <tommy@slackers.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/16/1998 17:33:20
Here's a strange but true story.  About 2 months ago, I had PPP working on
my Mac IIcx running 1.2.1 -- I could dial into it from my mac at home and
use it as a gateway to 'net.   Then I moved my office around and I started
getting weird messages when I started PPP, like:

Feb 16 15:25:48 peos pppd[309]: Connect: ppp1 <--> /dev/tty01
Feb 16 15:25:51 peos pppd[309]: Serial line is looped back.
Feb 16 15:25:51 peos pppd[309]: Connection terminated.

Because I used the "persist" option, it would keep echoing these, and I
could sometimes get a connection when I dialed in -- but not with any
reliability.  For the life of me, I can't figure out what the problem is
or why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.  Any ideas?

(I've since upgraded to 1.3 and there's been no change in behavior).

Thanks,
	Tom

Tommy Tarka                    |           	  http://burri.to/~tommy
tommy@slackers.net             |   	http://www.slackers.net/AirTarka
		"Morning's a state of mind."	-- Mark Podlipec