Subject: Sigma Designs L-View video card
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/15/1998 17:22:14
	Has anyone tried using this card with NetBSD? I got a 17" L-View
grayscale monitor with a Q900 I bought recently, and put it on my IIci...
but I guess it isn't very well-supported atm ;-)

	Here is the relevant output I get at bootup:

macvid0 at nubus0 slot a: Sigma Designs L-View
macvid0: Unknown video card ID 0x278 -- Not installing interrupt routine.
macvid0: 832 x 600, monochrome
grf0 at macvid0
ite0 at grf0
ite0 at grf0 (minimal console)

	X works just fine at 832 x 600... though I know the monitor can
get alot better resolution (whenever I add the control panel the monitor
came with, the machine bombs at bootup into MacOS... haven't figured out
what is causing it tho, yet) So, maybe if I just add an entry for the
video card ID it will install the interrupt and everything will work
automagically and I can get up and dance and break into song? Or at least
maybe it will work...

	I will search around in the sources for the place to look... in
the meantime, any help is appreciated muchly, thanks ;-)

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!