Subject: Re: what is xpm.h, and where?
To: Dale Einarson <einarson@cafe.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/15/1998 12:22:13
Dale Einarson wrote:

btw, you might want to try making sure that your lines wrap at 80 columns
or less (many people recommend 76).

> hello,
> 	I have tried to install various things:  AfterStep, mlmvwm, xpoon
> and I always get this wanring.
> xpm.h not found
>
> some of the attempted compiling has looked for xpm.h in various directories and has failed to find it.  what package or where, do I find this?
>
> I thought I installed all of the files?

I'm sure you did :-)  As it turns out, the XPM (X PixMap) library is a
separate library and not part of the standard X distribution.  I'm pretty
sure that it is in the packages collection, tho, so you can compile it
yourself that way if you wish.  Also, I'm sure that the source code is
available on the net in a number of places.  Oh, and if you can find a
NetBSD-amiga mirror, there is usually a pre-compiled version of the
library available there as well.

> PS:  re:errno =61, Sorry, I sould have known I was in single user :\    but I forgot,  the night before I had fsck'ed:  setting booter
>
> Colin: FYI, ( if you care)  the address book had a bad entry and wouldn't accept port-mac68k, things are ok now.  :)

I'm glad you got it working  :-)

I hope this helps.

Later.