Subject: Quadra AV DMA?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@physics.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/1998 17:27:49
Hi,

When I stopped by at Allen's house last weekend, he told me that Dave
(Huang?) was working on esp driver that uses DMA on Q840AV.

As I'm now an 840AV owner as well, I'm very interested in how things
are coming out.  Any word on it yet?

Also, I'd like to get my hands on whatever technical documentation
available on the custom chips on board, i.e. CIVIC, Endeavor, VDC,
Sebastian, etc.  It would be really cool to be able to run X server on
this machine in 16-bit or 24-bit color depth.

Ken
(I'm not a subscriber of the list anymore, so please don't forget to
include my address in To: or Cc:. Thanks)