Subject: Re: 1.3 Kernel IIci
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Will Enestvedt <will_e@ge.digipress.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/09/1998 14:38:45
On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Feb 1998, Rick wrote:
>
> > I've followed the How-To instructions for upgrading to 1.3 and
> > everything seemed to work just fine until I went into Multi-User mode,
>
> It sounds to me like your /dev/ directory or /dev/ttye0 file has problems.
>

> Are you using a split-root-and-usr setup? /usr has to be mounted for the
> terminal type to be resolvable.
>

> Sounds like there were problems with the install.

Hi.
   I have little of a techincal nature to add, other than that I was
having *precisely* the same problem on a system where /usr was on another
partition from the /root, and it never worked no matter what I did to try
to mount /usr. I threw up my hands and reinstalled (actually, I
re-formatted!) and things have been dandy since then.
   If you're upgrading I guess you don't want to re-format, but it's most
likely the source of your problem.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt                                   will_e@ge.digipress.net
Tech Services       |       Graphics Express       |       Boston, Mass.